It’s been a long, hard few months for all of us, but for many of Scotland’s distilleries who have had to close their doors to visitors, things have been tough.
That’s why it’s an absolute pleasure to announce that after making the difficult decision to close its doors in March, the Isle of Harris Distillery in Tarbert has re-opened!
With lockdown measures easing, visitors to the island can once again share the Harris spirit and story in person from Wednesday 5th August, with a warm welcome and stocked shelves waiting for everyone.
140 days on from closing, the team are now looking forward to welcoming the many travellers who have already made the journey to their shores this summer or are making plans to be there very soon.
If you’re planning a visit soon, please note that tours and the Canteen currently remain closed to ensure that social distancing measures are respected, however the shop will be open with the following rules in place to keep all visitors safe:
1. There is a one-way system in place, the route takes customers through the main entrance and into the Shop. Customers exit through the rear Shop doors.
2. All visitors are required to wear a face-mask while in the distillery and use the hand-sanitisers provided at the entrance.
3. All payments are to be made by card only.
4. Toilet facilities are not available.
5. Distancing is encouraged by specially branded floor vinyls at 2m marks .
6. Protective glass screens are in place around the till area
The opening hours will be Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and 10am to 12.30pm on Saturdays.
Customers can also Click & Collect their gin from AD Munro shop in the village during their normal opening hours of 9am – 6pm Monday to Saturday.
For more information visit: https://harrisdistillery.com/.