Pancake day is coming up and here’s a way to make it a little more fun! Over the last few years, we’ve seen several recipes for G&T pancakes, but here’s our take on it – delicious fluffy pancakes and a G&T syrup!
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon and lime
- 4tbsp sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- Can of ready to drink G&T
- 3tbsp nice Scottish Gin (plus a little for your accompanying G&T)
- 50ml full-fat milk
- 200g self-raising flour
- A teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- A spoonful of butter or oil
How to make
- Using a veg peeler, peel the zest from a lemon and roll it around a straw or stick. Repeat with lime zest, then set aside.
- To make the gin and tonic syrup, squeeze the lemon and lime juice into a pan, then add the sugar and gin. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Put the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and break in the egg. Whisk together with the can of G+T until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a pan and spoon in the pancake mixture in little circles. Heat until the pancakes are a lovely golden brown.
- Make a stack of pancakes and drizzle the gin and tonic syrup over the top, before garnishing with your curled zest.